Limited openings for in person lessons, tentatively beginning Monday, September 13th.
If you prefer online lessons, several learning platforms are available. Please contact me for details.
I have started students online and that is going well.
The greatest joy of teaching is seeing the musical progress of my students from week to week. Therefore, I adopt strategies to facilitate their growth and find new ways to promote musical progress. I also like the challenge of learning about my various students because they all grasp music differently.”
~Marnie Thies, Suzuki Violin Instructor
St. Paul & Minneapolis Violin Lessons
Benefits of Violin Instruction by Marnie (Twin Cities, MN)
- Continued musical support throughout the week
- Music instruction on how to practice to increase awareness of musical details such as dynamics, rhythm, intonation and other nuances.
- Free access to Suzuki Recordings and piano accompaniments for violin pieces
- Free access to scale tutorials to promote efficient learning of scales which facilitates improved intonation
- Opportunity to play in 2 recitals per year
- Violin audition preparation for Greater Twin Cities Youth Symphonies and Minnesota Youth Symphonies
- Versatility in playing by ear and with music
- Experience with chinrest and shoulder rest set-up
- Convenient and economically priced violin rentals and repairs
- Parent education: Learn how to help your child practice violin at home for maximum musical progress
- Experience playing with piano and violin
- Several convenient violin lesson locations throughout the Twin Cities, including Crystal, Falcon Heights, North Oaks, St. Paul, & Roseville
Beginner Student Violin Lesson (2018)
Intermediate Student Violin Lesson (2018)
Advanced Student Violin Lesson (2018)
This student placed in the highest orchestra of GTCYS Orchestra as an 8th grader and has been my student for 9 1/2 years.